OSPRI’s essential work continues under Covid-19 lockdown
OSPRI can confirm that both TBfree and NAIT are considered ‘essential services’ by the Government under the current Covid-19 lockdown. We continue to support farming and biosecurity during the lockdown. Farmers can expect the following from OSPRI:
- Temporarily extended reporting timeframes for NAIT livestock movements, to give farmers some leeway under the current circumstances
- TB testing by AsureQuality will continue as usual, with regard to the health and safety of testers and farmers
- Farmers with TB infected herds will continue to be supported by case management teams via phone and email
- OSPRI offices are closed but our people are working and can be contacted as normal
- The OSPRI Contact Centre is operating with slightly reduced capacity. Email email@example.com and phone services on 0800 482 463 will be available as usual
- Possum control operations are being reviewed and assessed with contractors.
There will be updates as the situation changes. OSPRI will continue to deliver disease management and traceability to support farming operations and New Zealand’s primary production.