OSPRI is a partnership between primary industries and the government, and manages two national programmes – NAIT and TBfree. NAIT provides the national animal identification and traceability system and TBfree aims to eradicate bovine TB from New Zealand.
- OSPRI is a not-for-profit limited company comprising a group of companies inclusive of TBfree NZ Ltd and NAIT Ltd.
- TBfree NZ Ltd is the statutory management agency for the National Bovine Tuberculosis Pest Management Plan, pursuant to the Biosecurity Act 1993 and the Biosecurity (National Bovine Tuberculosis Pest Management Plan) Order 1998.
- NAIT Ltd is the designated NAIT organisation pursuant to the National Animal Identification and Tracing Act 2012.
OSPRI has expertise in areas of:
- Animal health
- Disease management
- Livestock traceability
- Pest management.
OSPRI also plays a key role in:
- Developing policy and technical guidelines
- Providing system and database support and management
- Delivering livestock traceability and undertaking traceback for food safety and disease response
- Supporting industry quality assurance through animal health and traceability initiatives
- Undertaking animal health monitoring and surveillance
- Delivering operational pest management
- Implementing extension and community engagement programmes.
Our strategic priorities
The OSPRI Strategic Plan 2019-2024 sets out the organisation’s strategic direction and priorities, and has been developed by OSPRI’s Board and Stakeholders’ Council with input from funders.
The Plan has been developed based on the OSPRI Strategic Framework shown below. The strategic framework is driven off a value statement supported by two strategic outcomes and importantly four critical enablers that describe the internal and external conditions that must be present if OSPRI is to deliver the strategic outcomes.
The framework describes seven impacts that OSPRI will achieve in the upcoming five years, which together will be measured and monitored using a core set of 13 key performance indicators. Each element of the OSPRI Strategic Framework is elaborated on in more detail throughout the plan.
Read our 2019/2020 Annual Report here.
Read our 2019/2020 Consolidated Financial Statements here.
Annual Operating Plan
Read our 2020/2021 Annual Operating Plan here.